The final numbers are in from my book blitz!
The promo was featuring Got Mine at a discounted price of $.99 (from $2.99).
BookBub Featured Deal: $272 (Ad ran for one day: Wednesday, November 29th)
Robin Reads: $65 (Featured in the November 29th email)
Facebook Ads: $250 (Ran from Nov 29-Dec 5th)
Book Blitz: $90 (Ran Nov 29-Dec 5th)
TOTAL SPENT: $677
Prior to November 29, 2017 I had ZERO sales on Kobo, iBooks, Nook, or any of the other 24 places Draft2Digital makes your book for sale. Sales as of Friday Dec 1st:
- iBooks: 199
- Kobo: 190 (most in Canada, then split between Australia and New Zealand)
- Nook: 213
- Amazon: 670 (all countries: US, India, UK, Australia, Brazil)
TOTAL E-books Sold: 1,082
Got Mine was sitting at about 499,000 before the promo.
It made it down to #345 in the Kindle Paid Store.
Cause hindsight is 20/20: I should’ve removed the book from KDP because the pages read on KU do not count towards actual book sales. During the promo/blitz I had 44,823 pages read. Those pages could’ve been actual sales, that could’ve gotten me closer to a best seller’s list. But it is what it is.
Was it worth it?
I will most likely break even for this promo once all the royalties are calculated but I’m still getting sales on Nook, iBooks and Kobo as well as Amazon. I gained followers on my author page and members in my group. So far, I have one new Amazon review. Even though I didn’t make a best seller list, I think the blitz was a success.
Here are my final thoughts:
- Adding the Facebook ads probably didn’t equate to a lot of sales; however, it did put my book in front of some new faces. I had friends posting screenshots of the ad showing up on all kinds of platforms. It also drew attention to my author page. Maybe the next time I run an ad, it will land on a page of someone who has seen this ad, and they’ll remember me and buy my book. In my opinion, the main value of a FB ad is to generate buzz, not sales.
- Starting my promo a few days BEFORE the BookBub Deal would’ve helped boost my rating and sales. I wish I could’ve gotten the Robin Reads feature a few days earlier. I’m not that organized.
- USA today counts sales from Monday-Sunday. Starting a promo on a Monday and running it a full week would’ve given me a better shot.
- The Book Blitz might have been overkill. They’ve worked for me in the past, but I don’t think this blitz added anything to my already running FB ads.
- Fun Fact: profit from selling one book in India was $18.98!
Want to buy my book?
✦ Amazon ➜ http://amzn.to/2nevdUZ
✦ Kobo ➜ http://bit.ly/2nfeL78
✦ iBooks ➜ http://apple.co/2nff5CS
✦ Nook ➜ http://bit.ly/2BnyX8L